CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

twit twit twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 6, 2008

    My Face Products

    Hi Ladies!

    Eunice of www.acasia.blogspot.com asked me what products I use on my face. So here it is Eunice, nothing special. I just wanted to do a detailed post on it.

    Foundation:

    I don't really have a lot of experience with foundations since it hasn't even been a year since i started wearing some. I haven't really tried different kinds, i tend to stick to something I've found that works well for me. Enkoremakeup on youtube did a intensive review on MAC foundations awhile back, and that helped me a lot in picking my foundation. I use MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish. Here are the factors i considered when i picked this one, how much coverage it gives, the finish, how heavy/light it would feel on my skin, my skin type (combination; dry and oily on T zone). Being a newbie at wearing a foundation, i wanted to start with something that's not too heavy, it has a medium coverage which was okay, I only wanted enough coverage to give me an even canvas to work with. Since it only has medium coverage, it looks really natural, not like full coverage foundations which has a tendency to look like you slapped on a new face..lol..MSF (Mineralize Satinfinish)also gives a dewy finish which i believe is the trend now with foundation finishes, matte was sooo last season..lol.. It is also very important that you pick one that your skin likes, not one that will cause you break outs. The SPF 15 in it is just a plus for me since I already use a moisturizer that has the same SPF.

    How i apply my foundation:




    I make sure that i cleanse, tone and moisturize before anything else. I then proceed to applying my foundation. Since it's been SUPER hot, 110F-115F, i mix my foundation with Strobe cream making it even lighter (feel) than it already is, Strobe Cream also gives a really nice glow to my face. I use MAC 187 Duo-Fibre brush.

    Next Step: Concealer



    I use 2, both from MAC, Studio finish and Select Moisturecover for different areas. Studio finish for my blemishes and Select Moisturecover for my undereye area. Why not use one for both areas? Studio Finish is too creamy for my undereye area that it cakes, and Select is perfect for that. Also, for the undereye area, pick one that has pink undertones, this cancels out blue or darkness, while if you pick one with yellow undertones, your undereye area will tend to look ashy. With blemishes, i find that Studio finish works best since it gives more coverage than the other.

    I apply my concealer after my foundation using a fluffy brush (i use Sonia Kashuk's blending brush)

    Next: Setting Powder



    Setting powder is very important so your foundation lasts longer. I use MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish/Natural. I like that it gives me a little bit more coverage. On days my skin feels uber oily i apply MAC's Loose/Blot Powder on my T-zone (after MSF Natural). I use MAC 182 Kabuki brush for MSF Natural and MAC 150 Large Powder Brush for Blot/Loose Powder.

    You do not have to use the same products that i do. It is all about your own preference, what will work best for you. However I would suggest that you go to a counter/store where a Pro will be able to help you pick your foundation. If there's one make-up product i think you should spend extra on, it would be foundation or face products in general. Buying one at a drugstore to save a few bucks is not really worth it, since looking outside the bottle doesn't really guarantee the perfect match (shade-wise) on your skin, trial and error definitely won't save you money. Also, most counters have great return/exchange policy, just in case the one you picked didn't work for you.

    I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)


    MaNdiLiCiouS

    2 comments:

    The tai-tai (wannabe) said...

    Hi Mandy, thanks for the special post!!! =)it helps!

    moko said...

    thank you for the post!