CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

twit twit twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 1, 2008

    Heatherette Trio 2, to haul or not to haul?

    I visited maccosmetics.com earlier just to see what they're sold out of, then i saw that they "restocked" everything..meaning, all products are available again. So if you haven't grabbed your Heatherette yet, now is the best time to do so!..

    Now, my dilemma..

    hmm..the title says it all..I'm trying to talk myself out of buying Trio 2, because i already have similar colors from MAC as well..BUT..no matter what, there's still something telling me that I MUST GET IT!..ay yay yay!..help out a sister!

    Products Used:

    Face:
    Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation "Natural Beige"
    MAC Studio Finish concealer "NW 30"
    Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer
    MAC Blot/Loose Powder "Medium Dark"

    Eyes: all MAC unless stated otherwise
    Perky p/p
    Pink Venus e/s (in place for V.I.P. e/s)
    Pink Pearl pigment
    Fertile e/s (exactly like Cassette from Heatherette Trio 2, this came out with Strange Hybrid, i think)
    Dual Edge Pencil:
    Fab Orchid
    Dash Lily
    Hoppin' e/s (Trio 1, in place for Baby Petals)
    NYX Suede e/s (brows)
    L'oreal HIP cream liner "black"
    Plushlash "Plushblack"

    CHeeks:
    MAC Sweetness BPB
    MAC Shell Pearl BP

    Lips:
    Fun N Sexy l/s
    Starlet Kiss l/g



    sorry for the ghetto ass shirt..lol..didn't bother changing since i had nowhere to go


    for the love of MAC 138


    of course, dorky pic!..this showed the colors very well though!




    i actually have a step by step pic tutorial for this..i'll post later..: ) Btw, this again was inspired by xsparkage's Heatherette Trio 2 tutorial..

    So, ladies?..what do ya'll think, should i get it or not?..Hmm..help!..:/ I need your input on this..especially those who got Trio 2!..:) thanks!!..

    12 comments:

    Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

    this look is gorgeous. i love it. :) you always do such a great job. :D

    na said...

    The trio is nothing super special, but I got it for the packaging, and the dark purple. As far as I know, MAC doesn't have a purple that's as dark and vibrant as the one in the quad. If you've got money to spend, I say get it!

    If not, pass on it. It ain't that special!

    yummy411 said...

    I say don't get it... doesn't look like you need it.... and this is coming from me, someone who doesn't mind being talked into buying products.

    Amina said...

    the make up is so beautiful! How funny, i added the fertile e/s recently in my shopping cart and saved it for later. When i came back, it was gone! I am also thinking of getting the trio #2 but i have so many eyeshadows already, i am sure i can recreate it...

    Stephanie said...

    If you're able to dupe the colors with stuff you already have then I say save your money for another collection release...BUT if you have the money for it then by all means pick it up girl! =)

    Vanessa said...

    I love it, you look so cute! I didn't pick up any of the eyeshadow trios simply because I don't want to spend that much on colors that I have good dupes for...almost $40 for 3 eyeshadows didn't seem to satisfy my wallet. lol

    MrsDiaz said...

    You did such a good job here of recreating the trio2 look, unless you dont have colors that are super similar to the ones you used here I say pass on it.

    BTW, hehe I will definitely post up beauty crimes in my next post thanks for tagging me!

    MakeupByRenRen said...

    hey honey bunches...i have trio 2 and i dont think you need to buy it...emilee is right about the dark purple being the darkest i've seen in a while, but just save your money for the next collection, i would never of guessed you didn't use this trio in this fab look unless you didn't mention it!

    (g)ezebel said...

    oooo, i really like this look...!!! very very pretty..!!

    Melissa Joy said...

    don't get it =)lovely fotd...nice choice of colors & of course the blending is fabulous!

    mandilicious said...

    thanks ladies..gaaah..i still don't know..

    emilee, fertile e/s is exactly like cassette (the purple in Trio 2)..it came out in Strange Hybrid collection, a few months? ago.

    But still..i want it..i made myself a deal, if it's still there next week i'm getting it, if not, then that means it's not for me..lol

    justme said...

    the makeup you are wearing now looks kinda like the colors on the palette. i mainly bought it because it was so pretty and i didnt think i would use the one with the green. i have since learned that i need to swatch because the green is really not that green at all!