CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

twit twit twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 4, 2008

    COLORS!

    I haven't done a colorful make-up look lately..My neutral looks are getting a little old and boring so i decided to take my blues and greens out to play. I was inspired by the look i saw on the MUA at MAC today..i went to have my 223 exchanged for the 219. Since it was an exchange, and 219 is $5 cheaper i think, i got another eyeshadow. i asked 'em if they have any limited ones as i only purchase the permanent ones in pan refills. The MUA took out a box full of limited edition eyeshadows from different collections..i saw fab & flashy (from the C-Shock collection), they still had 2 of the Metal-X cream shadows (the blue and pink one) i passed up on those. They had a couple of the Mineralize e/s, Family Silver *which i already have* and Earthly Riches. i was going to get the latter but, i grabbed fertile e/s instead. I'm not actually sure on which collection it came out with but it's a really nice plum color and the best part is, it's Veluxe Pearl!..yay..i love Veluxe Pearl eyeshadows!!so anyhoo, i was inspired by the look the MA had on. i asked what colors she used, they were: Electric Eel, Aquadisiac, Gorgeous Gold and Tilt, then Indigo eye pencil..and the only eyeshadow i have among those is Aquadisiac..this calls for resourcefulness, i had to make-do with what i have..so here goes:

    Inspiration: she actually swatched 'em on the back of my hand
    she used soft ochre as base under gorgeous gold, tilt, electric eel then aquadisiac on top of electric eel


    My take:

    Products Used:

    Face:
    Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige
    Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Concealer
    MAC Loose Blot Powder in Medium Dark

    Eyes: all MAC unless stated otherwise
    Bare Study p/p (all over the lid)
    Pharaoh p/p (inner half)
    Rollickin' p/p (outer half)
    Overgrown e/s (inner corner)
    Goldmine e/s (on top of Overgrown e/s)
    Parrot e/s (mid lid)
    Blue Calm pro e/s (outer corner) first time to use this since i got it in Vegas last January..i'm in love..uber-pigmented
    Shockwave e/s (from Fafi Eyes 2)(above the crease, to blend)
    Ricepaper (highlight)
    *Since i don't have MAC's indigo eye pencil, i used:
    L'oreal HIP liner in Mindnight Blue..such a gorgeous color..dark true blue with a lil bit of shimmer
    Bio Green pro e/s (inner lower lashline)
    NYX Suede e/s/ (brows)
    Covergirl Lash Blast
    Maybelline Define-A-Lash

    Cheeks:
    Milani Mineral Blush in Luminous
    MAC Belightful IPP

    Lips:
    Strawberry Chapstick
    Cult Fave

    ***i must warn you that my skin is gross now, pimples on my forehead came uninvited***













    What do ya'll chicas think?

    8 comments:

    Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

    gorgeous! i really REALLY love it. the colors look stunning on you. :]

    na said...

    I love this look! I normally don't like yellow/green/blue combos, but you rock this. :)

    MakeupByRenRen said...

    ohhhh i really likey, and i think i have that hip liner...now i'm going to def try it on my next look, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous

    Anonymous said...

    Heya! Thanks for the blog comment. I'm totally gonna link you back :) I like this gradient you did. I'm gonna have to try it myself! Yellow and blue... hmmm. Yay MAKEUP ADDICTS! :) :) :)

    MakeupByRenRen said...

    ohhhh i really likey, and i think i have that hip liner...now i'm going to def try it on my next look, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous

    Vanessa said...

    you look so pretty as always! I love the color combo!

    (g)ezebel said...

    oh.my.god. i loooove the yellow/green e/s. i'm soooo gonna copycat..!!

    Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

    this looks really good hun! i loves it!!